Calling All Single Ladies: Cincinnati, OH Tops List of Best Places to Live for Single Women
Owners.com analyzed markets women might consider based on a variety of factors, including the percentage of single women homeowners and housing affordability, as well as market attributes like crime rates, access to public transportation, walkability and the cost of dinner for two. The Owners.com® study then filtered out MSAs where women earn below-average incomes.
Reviewing this group, the study uncovered key insights on the top 10 markets:
- They offer women affordable housing:2 The top 10 markets are 70 percent more affordable than the next 10 markets, which include distinctively expensive markets like
New York City, Los Angelesand San Francisco.
- They offer affordable dining options: In the top 10 markets, the average cost of dinner for two at a three-plus star restaurant is 18.6 percent less expensive than the next 10 markets.
- They have, on average, 5.1 percent more single women homeowners than the next 10 markets, suggesting that affordability is a measurable factor when single women determine where to purchase a home.
"There is a noticeable shift toward more single women entering the real estate market, particularly given lower unemployment rates, rising incomes and the value placed on home ownership," said
|Top 20 Markets to Live for Single Women Ranked by Affordability|
Women Homeowners 3
|2||Kansas City-Overland Park-
|3||Dallas-Fort Worth, TX-OK||13.7%||675||42|
|7||Hartford-West Hartford, CT||16.2%||961.2||66.5|
|9||Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC||16%||423.2||26.5|
|20||San Jose-San Francisco-
Owners.com identified all MSAs with over one million people. Once these MSAs were identified, any MSA with below-average income for females ( <
Owners.com used six metrics to identify and rank the top 20 markets for single women to live in the
- Percentage of Single Women Homeowners: 25 percent of score
- Housing Affordability (according to single female income): 20 percent
- Median Female Income: 15 percent
- Violent Crime Rate: 15 percent
- Average Cost of Dinner for Two: 15 percent
- Average of Walkability and Transit Scores: 10 percent
Owners.com is a tech-enabled real estate brokerage that handles all key aspects of the home buying and selling experience on one platform. It provides a superior experience and savings through right-sized commission structures, smart digital tools and personalized service from local agents. It's this formula that can save consumers thousands at closing. For more information or to contact a local Owners.com real estate agent, visit Owners.com or follow them on facebook.com/ownerscom and twitter.com/ownersdotcom.
1 "First-time Buyers, Single Women Gain Traction in NAR's 2016
|2 Defined comparing the average cost of a home to the buyer's average income|
3 Percent of single women homeowners, average home value and average female income based on the
4 Violent crime data from the
|5 Walkability and transit data from Walk Score, https://www.walkscore.com/|
|6 Average cost of dinner for two was calculated by identifying the average cost for two people of an Italian meal with appetizers, wine and dessert by each MSA from https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living|
News Provided by Acquire Media